Extremely decadent brownies swirled with sweet and salty peanut butter atop a pretzel crust for the ultimate dessert. These brownies are made gluten free, dairy free and oh, so dense!!!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Naturally More. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
Naturally More Nut Butters are all natural, gluten free and vegan
Naturally More Nut Butters are all natural, gluten free and vegan. They are USDA Organic certified and my favorite part: they use sustainably sourced palm oil. All their nut butters are infused with probiotic and flax making these brownies healthy and delicious! Check out this recipe I made using Naturally More Almond Butter.
What you need to make these peanut butter brownies
These decadent little treats came together rather quickly but there are a few steps involved. First, you will need pulse the pretzels in a food processor or blender until crumbles form and then add the butter and sweetener and pulse one more time to combine. Press the mixture into your pan and bake. Next, you make the brownies and peanut butter swirl, bake one more time, top with pretzels and serve!
- gluten free pretzels – can sub for regular pretzels
- dairy free butter – can sub for real butter
- granulated sweetener – this recipe utilized Truvia but coconut sugar will work
- dairy free dark chocolate chips or regular if that’s your thing
- eggs – these have to be at room temperature!
- coconut oil, melted
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- Naturally More Peanut Butter
If you love this recipe, you will love these peanut butter recipes
Peanut Butter Brownies with Pretzel Crust
for the crust
- 4 cups pretzels gluten free
- 1/4 cup dairy free butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
for the brownies
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips dairy free
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs room temperature (this is important)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
for the peanut butter swirl
- 1/2 cup Naturally More Peanut Butter Crunchy or Smooth
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup pretzels gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper both ways for easy removal. Place the pretzels into a food processor and pulse until small crumbles form. Add in the melted butter and sweetener and pulse until combined. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, sweetener and salt. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Add in the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until incorporated. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together all peanut butter swirl ingredients until smooth. Randomly spoon dollops of peanut butter over the brownies and run a knife through the batter to draw a swirl. Do not mix up too much. Bake for 17-20 minutes. The brownies will seem undercooked but they will continue to cook once you remove them. Immediately top with pretzels and let cool before serving.