Four ingredient plant based green tea latte is made using rose water, almond milk, matcha powder and agave for a vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, caffeinated beverage!
I’m one of those gals that will always, ALWAYS prefer my lattes cold and my coffee hot so when I was asked to submit some vegan drink recipes for Thrive’s upcoming Spring issue, I knew exactly what kind of vibrant drink I was going to make. These iced rose water matcha green tea lattes taste as beautiful as they look and they are naturally sweetened using agave!
What you need to make this plant based green tea latte
This recipe contains just 4 simple ingredients and comes together in the blink of an eye…errr or the blend of a Nutribullet rather. For this recipe, I prepared my glasses with ice cubes and then set them aside. Then I added the rose water, almond milk or plant based milk of choice, matcha powder and agave to a blender and pulsed until smooth. Then I simply poured my green tea mixture over the iced glasses. That’s it!
- Matcha Powder (unsweetened)
- Rose Water (you can buy this or make your own)
- Almond Milk
- Ice Cubes
I don’t know about you but I really love sipping on a drink in the afternoon and not an alcoholic one but just a refreshing beverage to get me through the afternoon slump; like this plant based green tea latte. So here is one of my favorite beverages on the blog:
- Simple and refreshing Grapefruit Rosemary Lemonade Sparklers made vegan, gluten free and paleo friendly!
- One of my favorite plant based meals that I make often are these Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos with Cilantro Avocado Sauce.
I’m not vegan or plant based but I try to eat as little dairy and meat as I can. Sometimes I need a slice a pizza or a wine and cheese night with my girls. Ya feel me? So even if you aren’t vegan, I promise you will still love these recipes!
How to make homemade rose water
Homemade rose water is simple to make and will last in your fridge for up to a week. I like to make small batches at a time because my fridge is already so filled up with products and food that I would rather just prepare it as I need it.
To make rose water you will need dried rose petals and filtered water. Place 1/4 cup of dried rose petals into a pot with two cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. The petals should turn a pale brown color. Use a fine mesh strainer to separate the petals and the water. Let the rose water cool before making this recipe. Store the remaining water in the fridge for up to a week.
Rose Water Matcha Green Tea Latte
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or plant based milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rose water see post on how to make homemade
- 2 tsp matcha powder unsweetened
- 1-2 tsp agave or to taste
- Prepare two serving glasses with 4-6 ice cubes and set aside.
- In a blender or NutriBullet, pulse together the milk, rose water, matcha and agave. Pulse until ingredients are well combined. Pour latte over ice and serve immediately. Garnish with rose petals if desired.