Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free! These three layer S’mores brownies are dense, fudgy and absolutely delicious!
This post is sponsored in partnership with Lily’s Sweets. As always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you so much for helping to make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate Possible.
It’s almost mid March which means it’s almost April so it’s basically summer, right? You know what? It doesn’t even matter because I need S’mores all year round so I made these ultimate fudgy S’mores brownies and topped them with a honey sweetened torched meringue frosting. Someone stop me from eating the entire pan because these brownies are AMAZING.
Less Sugar and More Brownies
As I mentioned before, this post is sponsored in partnership with Lily’s Sweets and that’s the best kind of partnership–because it’s a chocolate one! Lily’s chocolate is stevia sweetened so it has less than 1g of sugar!!! That’s amazing in itself, right? What’s even more amazing is that their chocolate chips, baking bar and some of their chocolate bars are made vegan and non GMO! Triple win for Lily’s!
I used two whole Lily’s chocolate bars in this recipe which cuts the sugar down significantly and that also means more brownies for me! Please keep in mind that these brownies are not low carb, low fat or low calorie. They are just lower sugar! TRUST ME THEY STILL HAVE ALL THE CARBS AND FAT and that’s what makes them so good!
If you love these S’more brownies, you will also love these popular recipes using Lily’s
Here are some of the most popular Lily’s chocolate recipes on the blog:
Roasted Strawberry Scones with Chocolate Chunks – These tender and sweet roasted strawberry scones will melt in your mouth with every bite. Loaded with chopped dark chocolate and topped with a sweet glaze. These scones are made gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free for a sweet and simple breakfast.
Life Changing Four Main Ingredient Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Four [main] ingredient peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies are super soft, chewy and absolutely delicious. These flourless cookies are made naturally gluten free, dairy free and they are everything you have ever dreamed of.
Chocolate Almond Clusters – A decadent and delicious three ingredient treat that’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan! These dark chocolate almond clusters are made using whole raw almonds, Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolate and flaked sea salt for a quick last minute treat!
If you love these S’mores Brownies, be sure to leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me on Instagram. I love hearing from you and seeing your creations!
Fudgy S’mores Brownies with Homemade Frosting
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp honey*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour**
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar***
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 Lily’s vegan dark chocolate bars, chopped 80g
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey****
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat heat oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper both ways for easy removal. In a bowl, stir together the crust ingredients until a crumble forms. Press the crumble into the bottom of the prepared pan and pack it down using the bottom of a glass. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Be careful this crust can burn quickly so keep an eye on it.
- Let crust cool while you prepare your brownies. In a microwave safe bowl melt the chopped chocolate until smooth and set aside to cool slightly (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, tapioca flour and salt. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and pour over the crust. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, prepare the meringue by placing the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Place the honey into a small pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil and then immediately remove. Use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg whites while slowly adding in the hot honey. Beat until stiff peaks form and the meringue begins to cool, about 7-8 minutes.Pour the meringue over the brownies and use a rubber spatula to spread in an even layer. Use a kitchen torch to toast the top and sides of the meringue. Cut into 16 squares and serve.