These tender and sweet roasted strawberry scones will melt in your mouth with every bite. Loaded with chopped dark chocolate and topped with a sweet glaze. These scones are made gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free for a sweet and simple breakfast.
Scones are such an underrated breakfast treat–one that I don’t appreciate enough myself. And trying to make them gluten free and dairy free (and still taste good) is hard! But this recipe does not disappoint. These scones are so delicious, tender and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea or when writing a blog post….
What you need to make these roasted strawberry oat scones with dark chocolate
I first tested these strawberry scones a few days ago using real butter and they were amazing, so last night I tried the same recipe subbing for a vegan alternative butter. And guess what? They taste exactly the same. Other than one being fresher than the other scone, I couldn’t tell a difference.
- gluten free rolled oats
- gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used 1:1)
- Truvia or Swerve (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- salted vegan butter or regular if not diary free
- almond milk
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- fresh strawberries
- chopped dark chocolate (I used Lily’s sugar free and dairy free)
- powdered erythritol or powdered sweetener of choice
If you love these strawberry scones, you will also love these popular recipes on the blog
I’m a big fan of baking with fruit and with Spring just around the corner, I had to share some of my favorite fruity recipes with you!
If you are still reading, you definitely deserve some icebox cake and if you make it, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram. I love to see all your creations and don’t forget to follow along on Facebook and Pinterest!
Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Scones
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener I used Truvia
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled dairy free butter or real butter if not dairy free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate bar (sugar free & dairy free) chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol Swerve
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- First start by preparing your roasted strawberries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter strawberry slices. Sprinkle with sweetener and roast for 25-30 minutes at 350 F. Remove and let cool.
- Increase heat to 425 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a mixing bowl, stir together the gluten free flour, oats, granulated sweetener, baking powder and chocolate chips or pieces.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, milk, lemon juice, vanilla and egg and whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until a dough forms. Carefully fold in the roasted strawberries and be sure to not over mix.Roll the dough into a ball and then flatten into a disc. Use a round cookie cutter (about 2 inches) or a glass to cut out circles. Repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Place scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together the glaze and drizzle over warm scones and serve.
Don’t miss out on recipes because you aren’t signed up to have them delivered right to your inbox. Get recipes sent directly to you along with exclusive first notices about giveaways and other news so use the form below to join my email list.
Sign up to be the first to know about new recipes and news!