A super simple margarita recipe with rosé for the most basic of girls. Four simple ingredients for one delicious cocktail: tequila, rosé wine, lime juice, agave and rose petals.
When it comes to alcohol, I’m the most basic of them of all.
I only drink margaritas and wine–preferably rosé. So it was a no brainer when I decided to mix the two.
Inspired by my simple margarita recipe, I took some of my favorite elements from that and infused them with wine to make the ultimate easy and basic girl cocktail.
Five simple ingredients to make a rosé margarita
- blanco tequila – the most important part
- lime juice – I prefer freshly squeezed
- rosé wine – normally I would choose a sparkling rosé but for this recipe, a non-sparkling works best
- agave nectar – I swapped the liqueur that’s traditionally used for a pinch of agave to naturally sweeten this margarita
- rose petals and rose ice cubes– for aesthetic reasons only
Rose ice cubes are simple to make but getting them crystal clear can be difficult. I’ve found using tap water is best. Remove roses from their stems and place them upside down in an ice cube tray. I used this one.
Add tap water and place the tray into a deep freezer or if you don’t have one, place the tray into a the bottom of a small ice chest and place the that into your freezer.
Freeze the ice cubes over night.
if you love a good simple margarita recipe
You are going to love some of these easy to make margaritas:
LIGHTENED UP FRESH PEACH MARGARITA
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a rosé margarita and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Basic Girl Rosé Margarita
- cocktail shaker
- 3 oz blanco tequila
- 1 cup rosé
- 4 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp agave nectar more to taste
- dried rose petals
- rose ice cubes
- Fill two serving glasses with rose ice cubes.
- Place the tequila, rosé, lime juice and agave into a shaker. Place the lid on tightly and shake well.
- Pour the contents over the ice and finish with dried rose petals.