These homemade strawberry shortcake popsicles are made with creamy strawberry ice cream and coated in cookie crumbs and freeze dried strawberries for a perfect summer treat! Vegan and gluten free!
Let’s talk strawberry shortcake popsicles
Like strawberry shortcake but in popsicle form!
Extra cookie crumbles is key to the perfect strawberry shortcake popsicle.
PRO TIP: Once you remove your popsicles from their molds, let them sit about 3-5 minutes so they defrost enough from the crumbles to stick.
PRO TIP: Save your left over cookie and strawberry crumbles for future use like topping ice cream or smoothies!
A few typical questions…
- How long does it take? 15 minutes of hands on time
- How long will the popsicles stay good for? You can enjoy these popsicles for months if you keep them in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Can I use greek yogurt instead of vegan? Absolutely! (obviously they will no longer be vegan)
I’m a huge fan of creating no-bake recipes, especially in the summer so I don’t have to turn on my oven. Ya feel me?
Here’s a list of my favorite no bake recipes on the blog.
Check out those cookie crumbles, huh? No judgement if you double dip here…
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a popsicle to two and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
- 12 oz frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vegan yogurt vanilla flavor
- 3 tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or coconut milk (from the can)
- 3/4 cup cookie crumbles I used Simple Mills Toasted Pecan Cookies
- 1 oz bag freeze dried strawberries small crumbles
- Place the strawberries, yogurt, date syrup and almond milk into a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a popsicle mold. Mine filled 12. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- Stir together the cookie and strawberry crumbles and then spread them evenly into the bottom of a cookie tray. Remove each popsicle from the molds and press each one into the crumbs until completely coated. Place them back into the freezer for 20 minutes and then enjoy!