These homemade Gluten Free Vegan S’mores Cookie Bars are a perfect way to wrap up your summer! Made using a combination of oat flour and tapioca starch (flour) and bursting with chocolate, marshmallows and a perfect graham cracker crust.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Edward and Sons and as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
S’mores Cookie Bars Are Vegan & Gluten Free!
What sets these s’mores cookie bars apart from all the rest is that they are totally gluten free and vegan!
I used Edward and Sons Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch (flour) along with a blend of oat flour to make the ultimate soft and chewy cookie bar.
- How long does it take? It takes about 15 minutes of hands on time! 🙂
- How long will the bars stay good for? I like to keep mine in a container in the freezer and pop one on the counter to defrost for about 20 minutes before I warm it up in the microwave (recommended) or eat it cold if I’m running low on patience
- Can I use real butter? Absolutely, but of course keep in mind that these will no longer be vegan.
I’m a huge fan of using tapioca starch (flour), so I compiled all my favorite recipes using Edward & Son’s tapioca starch. Check them out:
Strawberry Rhubarb Homemade Gluten Free Pop Tarts (AKA mini pies)
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a vegan s’mores cookie bar and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Vegan S’mores Cookie Bars
- 5 graham crackers gluten free
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup oat flour (super fine) gluten free
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Let's Do Organic Tapioca Starch (Flour)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum can omit
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegan butter soft
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips vegan
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped vegan
- 5 large vegan marshmallows gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. Arrange the graham crackers evenly into the bottom and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flax meal and water and then set it aside to gel for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the oat flour, tapioca starch, gum, baking soda and salt. Set it aside. In another bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the butter, brown sugar and cane sugar until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the flax mixture and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and half of the chopped chocolate.
- Use cookie scooper or spoon to drop half of the cookie dough over the crackers in the prepared pan and spread it evenly to the edges of the pan. Cut the marshmallows into small pieces and press them into the cookie in the pan. Top with ramining cookie dough and chocolate pieces. Bake the s'mores bars for 12-15 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and the center will look just slightly undone. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.