These vegan ice cream bars are filled with creamy homemade ice cream and dipped in a bittersweet chocolate shell with crunchy almond pieces. Just in time for summer, these no-bake chocolate covered popsicles are just what you need to stay cool.
How to make vegan ice cream bars
It’s time to bust out that ice cream maker because the summer weather is officially here (at least in the south) and it’s brutal out there that’s why my churn bowl will live in the freezer all summer so I’m always ready to make a fresh batch of ice cream.
Here’s how to make it:
TIP Place the churn bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer at least 24 hours before you are ready to make the ice cream to ensure it’s completely frozen.
Once your churn bowl is completely frozen, stir together your ice cream ingredients, add them to the churn bowl let your ice cream maker do it’s thing. Mine takes about 10-15 minutes to get nice and thick.
You are now ready to fill your popsicle molds.
Freeze the popsicles overnight and then dipped them in melted chocolate.
Ingredients You Will Need
You are just six ingredients away from enjoying your own homemade vegan ice cream bar.
- Coconut Cream – be sure you are using canned coconut cream for the creamiest ice cream
- Vegan Yogurt – I love vanilla flavored vegan yogurt
- Maple Syrup
- vegan chocolate – chopped chocolate or chocolate chips will work
- Coconut Oil – I prefer unrefined virgin coconut oil (it’s less processed but has a stronger “coconut flavor”
- Chopped Almonds – or nuts of choice
MORE SUMMER DESSERTS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Looking for more frozen dessert recipes? I hear ya! If you enjoyed these vegan ice cream bars, you are definitely going to love some of these recipes:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some vegan ice cream bars and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Chocolate Almond Vegan Ice Cream Bars
- Mini Silicone Ice Cream Molds
- ice cream maker
- 1 ¼ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup vegan vanilla yogurt I used an almond based
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- TIP: 24 hours prior to making the ice cream, place the churning bowl from your ice cream maker into the freezer.
- Place the coconut cream, yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Transfer to the ice cream maker (churning bowl fresh out of the freezer) and churn for 10-15 minutes. The ice cream should be thick.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop ice cream into the molds. Insert a popsicle stick and freeze overnight.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth in a double boiler or using a microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each until smooth. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- Dip each ice cream bar into the chocolate until completely coated and place them on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper. Freeze for an additional 5 minutes before serving.