These homemade candies are easy to make and better than Reese’s peanut butter cups. This foolproof recipe takes just 15 minutes and is gluten-free, vegan and keto friendly!
What are peanut butter cups made of
These homemade peanut butter cups are made up of just three ingredients that I’ll bet you probably have in your pantry right now!
- chocolate chips – I used a dark chocolate vegan friendly brand but you can use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer or sugar-free chocolate for keto!
- peanut butter – I used a natural no-stir but you can use an all natural drippy kind if you prefer.
- maple syrup – You can also use agave or sugar-free syrup for keto
How to modify this recipe for Keto
How to make homemade peanut butter cups
Just in time for Halloween, this chocolate peanut butter cup recipe is a perfect swap for the traditional Reese’s candy without all the extra additives and in just a few steps, you can be enjoying some for yourself.
You will need mini paper cups or cupcake liners for larger candies.
Here’s how to make them:
- Line a baking tray with 12 mini paper cups or 6 cupcake liners.
- In a glass bowl, gently melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a smaller pot of simmering water (double boiler).
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons into the bottom of the liners and spread it slightly up the sides.
- In another bowl, stir together the peanut butter and maple syrup until combined and it should turn into a dough that you can separate into 12 evenly sized pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and flatten slightly. Place them into each liner in the center of the chocolate.
- Cover with remaining chocolate. Chill until solid, about 5 minutes.
If you loved these mini peanut butter cups, you are going to love these other homemade chocolate candy recipes.
These Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups make a perfect addition to your holiday recipe box.
My favorite homemade candy recipe is this recipe for Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Bars and if you are looking for a simple and quick chocolate recipe, you are going to love these Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters.
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- double boiler
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips vegan or sugar-free if necessary
- ⅓ cup no-stir peanut butter or natural peanut butter if necessary
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar-free if necessary
- Line a baking tray with 12 mini paper cups.
- Using a double boiler or a place a heat-proof bowl or a smaller pot of simmering water and add the chocolate to the bowl, stir until melted and smooth.
- Use a spoon to distribute half of the chocolate into the bottom of the liners and slightly up the sides.
- Using a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and maple syrup until combined. Separate the dough into 12 evenly sized balls and flatten slightly. Place the peanut butter pieces into the center of the chocolate in the liners.
- Cover the peanut butter with the remaining chocolate. Chill the peanut butter cups until solid and serve.