Chocolate pumpkin bread topped with crunchy walnuts for the best Fall treat sweetened with coconut sugar. Enjoy a slice of this bread in the morning with a cup of hot coffee or for a decadent dessert.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN BREAD
- How long does it take? 20 minutes of hands on time!
- How long will the loaf stay good for? I recommend enjoying this loaf within 3-4 days if stored at room temperature.
- Can I use Bob’s 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour? Substituting Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Organic Flour for Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour will absolutely work for a gluten free option.
My favorite part about this pumpkin banana bread is that it’s covered in chocolate!
The chocolate is super easy to make too. Simply melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together until smooth and then slather it over your cooled loaf.
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Organic Flour, this loaf is so delicious, soft and tender.
Okay, so here’s what you need to make this chocolate pumpkin loaf
- overly ripe banana, organic if possible
- pumpkin puree, organic if possible
- eggs, organic if possible
- coconut oil, melted
- almond milk
- apple cider vinegar
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar, organic if possible
- Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Organic Flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
for the chocolate
- dark chocolate chips, dairy free and organic if possible
- coconut oil
- crushed walnuts for topping
SHARING ALL MY FAVORITE FALL RECIPES!
I think it’s safe to say that Fall is a popular time of year–the weather is cool but not cold, the leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin spiced flavored! What’s not to love?
So I thought sharing some of my favorite Fall inspired recipes would be appropriate, like these:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some chocolate covered pumpkin banana bread and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you may have.
The Best Pumpkin Banana Bread Covered In Chocolate
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
for the pumpkin banana bread
- 1/2 cup mashed overly ripe banana 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup almond milk room temperature
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark brown coconut sugar
- 2 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Organic Flour or Bob's 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
for the chocolate
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate dairy free
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, vinegar, vanilla and coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to stir until no dry spots remain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 45-55 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 1 hour. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and cook for 1 minute, stopping every 15 seconds to stir. Pour the chocolate over the loaf and let it sit at room temperature for one hour before serving.