Easy one bowl healthy banana muffins are fluffy, moist and bursting with chocolate chips all while being gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Enjoy these perfectly soft coconut sugar muffins in the morning for breakfast or a quick snack in the afternoon with a cup coffee or tea.
Easy Healthy Banana Muffins in One Bowl
Can you believe these muffins come together in less than 30 minutes and utilize just one bowl–I love a good recipe that results in minimal dishes!
That’s not the only these I love about this recipe.
Can we talk about how this recipe uses so many whole food ingredients? Coconut sugar, eggs, coconut oil and bananas just to name a few. Basically health wrapped up in one delicious muffin. You’re welcome!
These healthy banana muffins are quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to use up my overly ripe bananas.
They win all the categories: fluffy and moist; contains chocolate; easy to make; only one bowl needed for prep; and ingredient list is short.
If you love muffins as much as I do, you are going to love my softest healthy pumpkin muffins and of course I can’t forget my all time favorite blueberry muffin for one. And if these still don’t do the trick, my vegan raspberry muffins definitely will.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some healthy banana muffins and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins
- 1 cup mashed riped banana about 3 small/medium bananas
- 3 eggs room temeprature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free baking flour or 1:1
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup refined sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and prepare a muffin pan with 10 liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in the gluten free baking flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and fold until no dry spots remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the batter between the muffin liners and top with more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool before serving.