Almond flour crust filled with sweet and tart lemon curd is a healthy dessert that everyone will love. This healthy lemon tart recipe is made gluten free, dairy free and with a paleo option.
This healthy lemon tart is quickly becoming a favorite must make in my house. Smooth and tart lemon curd filled in a buttery almond flour shortbread crust–you won’t be able to have just one slice.
I have a hard time finding options that are gluten free near me so I make my own gluten free dessert!
what you need to make this healthy lemon tart
Can you believe that this lemon tart recipe is completely gluten free, dairy free and paleo?
Okay, so here’s what you need to make this healthy lemon curd tart recipe…
For the crust you will need:
- almond flour
- cold dairy free butter or cold coconut oil for paleo
- vanilla extract
For the healthy lemon curd filling you will need:
- eggs, whole
- egg yolks
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
This recipe comes together rather quickly but will need time for cooling, at least two hours in the refrigerator. During that time, you can whip up some meringue cookies to top the tart like I did, make some coconut whipped cream for a perfect topping or simply leave the tart as is.
can’t get enough gluten free desserts?
I hear ya! This gluten free lemon tart is quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe than you will love these gluten free dessert recipes:
Here is the complete list of healthy dessert recipes on this site – enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of this healthy lemon tart and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Gluten Free Healthy Lemon Tart
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cold dairy free butter or cold coconut oil for paleo
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 8 lemons
- 8 eggs whole
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- meringue cookies
- coconut whipped cream
- lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a rectangle 14.4"x 5.9" (or similar in size) tart pan with non-stick coconut oil spray. Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a dough forms. Press the dough evenly up the sides of the tart pan and the bottom. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake the crust for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, zest your lemons and then juice them. Whisk together the juice, zest, eggs, egg yolks (TIP: I saved the egg whites to make the meringue cookies for topping the tart), maple syrup and coconut oil into a pot or large sauce pan. Cook until the mixture thickens, about 4-6 minutes stirring frequently. Once the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, poor it through a fine mesh straighner to remove all the chunks and then transfer the smooth curd to the tart and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Cover and chill the tart in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.Top with desired toppings!
- If you don't have a fine mesh straighner, be sure to whisk the curd continously to avoid clumping. Your curd won't be as smooth but it will work.
- My tart pan is 1.5" deep, if yours is not as deep, consider cutting the curd recipe in half.
Subscribe to get the free eBook now!