These healthy magic bars are a delicious version of the classic dessert with a cookie crust and topped with shredded coconut, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Voortman Bakery and as always all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that make Peanut Butter Plus Chocolate possible.
What’s in these healthy magic bars
I made these magical little bars using just a few ingredients. The crust is made of Voortman’s Fudge Covered Vanilla Cookies for a perfect melt-in-your-mouth layer.
Voortman Bakery uses real ingredients, like whole grain oats, coconut, and almonds. Plus, there are no artificial colors, flavors, high-fructose corn syrup, or trans-fat in any of our cookies. It’s differences like these that make each bite so delicious!
First we melted the butter and sweetened condensed milk together and then add it in with the dry ingredients. Once it was all mixed up, we transferred the batter to the pan and baked the brownies to perfection.
So here’s what you need to get started…
- Voortman’s Fudge Covered Vanilla Wafers
- coconut oil
- full fat coconut milk
- maple syrup
- sea salt
- shredded coconut
- mini chocolate chips
can’t get enough healthier recipes?
I hear ya! These healthier magic bars are quickly becoming one of my favorites and if you like this recipe then you will love some of these recipes.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some delicious healthy magic bars and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Cookie Crusted Healthier Magic Bars
- 12 Voortman's Fudge Covered Vanilla Cookies
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Place the cookies into a food processor and pulse until small crumbles form. Add in the melted coconut oil and pulse until combined and the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan and it for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut milk, maple syrup and salt into a medium size pot over medium heat. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Let the mixture simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips over the crust and then pour the thickened coconut milk mixture over it. Bake the bars for 24-28 minutes. The tops and edges should start to golden. Let cool completely before chilling for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
- Store the bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.