Incredibly easy and grain free mini strawberry galettes. A healthy and simple summer treat made using only gluten free and dairy free ingredients. These mini fruit pies stuffed with juicy local strawberries, wrapped up in a flaky buttery crust and finished with a drizzle of honey.
What do you do when two pounds of strawberries are on sale at your local grocery store for $3.99? You buy ten pounds, make mini strawberry galettes and freeze the rest to use for future recipes. I hope you caught that foreshadowing I did there.
I can’t believe we are creeping into July’s double digits. It feels like just yesterday was Christmas and to make matters worse, Michael’s craft store has already put out their Fall decorations and I want to cry. I haven’t done one “summery” thing this year. It’s crazy how quickly you can get caught up in a work routine and before you know it, it’s July 8th, the summer is half over and you still haven’t put on a bikini time! I did manage to drive by the beach yesterday coming home from a photo shoot–does that count?
Enough about my boring summer and more about these juicy, gluten-free, strawberry galettes. If you are an incredibly simple baker and by simple I mean lazy, these galettes are for you!
Galettes are essentially pies for the simple folk. The best part about them? The more you mess them up, the more rustic they start to look. Basically, this is a fool proof recipe that tastes just as good as a well constructed pie.
Here are a few other of my favorite lazy pies…I mean galettes.
Blueberry Lemon and Thyme Gluten Free Galette – This rustic and simple blueberry lemon and thyme galette is a perfect way to celebrate spring time. This delicious galette recipe is bursting with blueberries with a hint of lemon flavor.
Rustic Gluten Free Galette with Dark Sweet Cherries – This delicious cherry gluten-free galette tastes just as wonderful as cherry pie and it so much easier to make!
Mini Strawberry Galettes | Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free
for the crust
- 1 c gluten free baking flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp zero calorie confectioners sweetener buy it here
- 1/3 c vegan butter, cubed buy it here
- 3-4 tbsp ice water
for the filling
- 2 c strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp zero calorie confectioners sweetener
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp water
- almond milk for brushing
- honey for drizzling (omit for vegan)
for the crust
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Add the butter and use your hands to incorporate the dry mix and the butter together. Add in the water one tablespoon at a time and continue to mix using your hands until a dough forms. Separate dough into three evenly sized balls, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
for the filling
- Toss all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside for juices to release while dough chills.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out the dough balls until they are about 1/8" in thickness. Distribute the filling between into the center of doughs leaving about 3/4" around the edges. Fold the sides towards the center, overlapping some filling if needed. Brush crust with almond milk and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool for ten minutes before drizzling with honey and serving. OMIT THIS STEP FOR VEGAN