Super moist and incredibly delicious gluten free one bowl banana bread with chocolate chips is a great way to use up those overly ripe bananas without making a mountain of dishes. Enjoy this bread as a snack or dessert–perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning!
This one bowl banana bread is healthy
This one bowl banana bread is not just gluten free and refined sugar free but it’s also gut healthy made using Lifeway’s probiotic Kefir Low Fat Milk (lactose intolerant friendly!). Yay!
So here’s what you need to whip up this banana bread for yourself…
- overly ripe bananas
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- Lifeway Kefir (I used Vanilla Madagascar) you can sub this for liquid of choice such as almond milk
- vanilla extract
- gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Outrageous Baking–it’s my favorite!)
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (I used Lily’s sugar free)
If you love this recipe than you will love some of these recipes bursting with banana flavor! Check them out below.
Here’s the complete list of healthy recipes on the site. Enjoy!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve some delicious banana bread and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2-3 small/medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs large
- 1/3 cup Lifeway Kefir Probiotic Cultured Low Fat Milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, top with a handful of chocolate chips if desired and bake the banana bread for 50-60 minutes and toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing it to cool for an additional 20 minutes before serving.