Calling all pumpkin lovers! These tender and delicious pumpkin blondies are topped with a sweet cinnamon streusel and made 100% gluten-free and dairy-free. Just in time for Fall, these healthy pumpkin bars make a perfect snack.
What you need to make pumpkin blondies
This easy pumpkin blondies recipe comes together quickly using simple pantry staple ingredients so grab yourself a can of pumpkin puree and let’s get baking!
Here’s what you need:
- almond flour – I like to use extra fine almond flour
- all purpose gluten-free baking flour – I prefer a blend that includes a xanthan gum
- coconut sugar – or granulated sweetener of choice
- pumpkin puree
- coconut oil
- egg – or a flax egg for vegan ( 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- pumpkin spice
- baking powder, baking powder and salt
- coconut butter for drizzling (optional)
how to make healthy pumpkin bars
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F and prepare a 6×6 inch pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. The batter will be thick like brownie batter. Transfer it to the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the topping ingredients until it resembles wet sand. Remove the pumpkin bars from the oven and top with snickerdoodle topping. Continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars and drizzling with coconut butter.
The Best Fall Recipes
If you loved these pumpkin pie bars, you are going to love these other homemade Fall inspired recipes.
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones that make a perfect addition to your holiday recipe box.
My favorite homemade candy recipe is this recipe for Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Bars and if you are looking for a simple and quick chocolate recipe, you are going to love these Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a pumpkin blondie (or two) and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
The Best Healthy Pumpkin Blondies
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup all purpose gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 egg large or flax egg for vegan
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp coconut oil melted
- melted coconut butter for drizzling optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 6×6 inch pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, coconut sugar, spices, baking powder and baking soda until combined. Add in the egg, pumpkin puree and coconut oil and mix until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together the coconut sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil topping.
- Mixture should resemble wet sand. Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle the mixture over the top. Return to bake for another 10-15 minutes. When done, center should still be soft but a toothpick will come out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 9 squares. Drizzle with coconut butter if desired.