Unbelievably easy vegan cinnamon rolls recipe topped with maple espresso frosting. There’s no waiting for dough to rise with these easy cinnamon rolls. Don’t spend your morning tending to dough when you could have these rolls in 40 minutes!
what you need to make this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe
I don’t know about you but I really hate waiting around for yeast filled doughs to rise. If you are like me and need your dessert to be done asap, this recipe is for you!
These rolls came together really quickly and because I used self rising flour, I didn’t have to wait or tend to the dough. I just popped them directly into the oven and they puffed up beautifully.
So here’s what you need:
- self rising flour
- vegan butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- almond milk
- instant espresso
want more vegan recipes?
Check out a few of my favorite vegan recipes on the blog:
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Chocolate Sweet Rolls
- Oatmeal Chocolate Filled Cookies
- The Softest Sugar Cookies Ever
Get the complete list of vegan recipes here.
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a cinnamon roll or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Espresso Frosting
for the dough and filling
for the frosting
- 1½ tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F° and prepare a baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick spray. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sweetener and salt. In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and use a rubber spatula to stir until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface, dust the dough with flour and kneed (adding flour as needed) until dough is smooth, about 10 times. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mix. Roll dough up (lengthwise) and cut into 12 even pieces, about 1/2" thick. Transfer to the baking dish, brush with melted vegan butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges puff.
- In a bowl, stir together the espresso powder and hot water until completely disolved. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla until combined. Finally add in the powdered sugar and stir until a frosting forms. Spread the frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.