Made with rolled oats, almond flour, coconut oil walnuts and sweetened with maple syrup, this healthy baked oatmeal recipe makes a perfect breakfast or snack when you are on-the-go.
There’s nothing I love more than a gooey and delicious healthy breakfast recipe like these easy baked oatmeal bars. Inspired by all my random ingredients in my pantry to make simple yet healthful snack to eat on busy mornings.
I often think about some of my favorite baked oatmeal recipes and I’m excited to bake up something wholesome and delicious.
How to make baked oatmeal bars?
This baked oatmeal recipe is so simple to make. Just stir together the dry ingredients, then the wet and press the dough into a pan and bake!
That’s it! Here’s what you need to get started:
- rolled oats – you can’t have a baked oatmeal with oats! I used extra thick rolled oats in this recipe but you can use regular rolled oats.
- oat flour – about ingredient
- almond flour – I used a finely ground almond flour. You could also use a hazelnut flour but you cannot substitute any other flour in this recipe.
- coconut oil – coconut oil will keep the baked oatmeal from drying out
- maple syrup – you could also use agave or honey here
- walnuts – or your favorite nut
- chocolate chips
- coconut chips
- flax egg – flax egg is one tablespoon ground flax meal mixed with three tablespoons of water to create a vegan “flax egg”
- salt, vanilla and baking powder – salt and vanilla enhances the flavors while baking powder acts as a leavening agent
Tips and Tricks
Yes! After the bars have cooled completely, place them into a plastic zip freeze bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat one, let it thaw at room temperature for 1 hour and pop it into the microwave for 10 seconds.
Feeling like cookies instead of bars? I hear ya! Instead of pressing the bars into pan, use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to make balls and press them flat. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes and the edges are golden.
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES TO LOVE
Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Mixing bowls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- ¾ cup maple syrup or agave
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips divided
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F° and prepare an 8×8 inch baking pan or dish with non-stick spray and parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the flax meal and water to create a flax "egg" and then set it aside to gel. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and flax egg.
- Mix until everything is well combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and walnuts. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and coconut. Bake for 15 minutes. Cover with tin foil and continue to bake for an addition 10 minutes.
- Once you remove it from the oven, let the bars cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.