Thick and fudgy gluten free brownies for the ultimate chocolate lover’s recipe. These brownies come together in less than 30 minutes using just one bowl and made gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with coconut sugar! Soft, chewy and hands down the BEST gluten free and dairy free brownies you will try!
This recipe was adapted from Cindy at www.hungrygirlporvida.com. I was inspired by her delicious classic brownie recipe and made it gluten and dairy free. Her gorgeous photos inspired me to use my own pink background for these images! Thank you Cindy!
What you need to make these bomb AF gluten free and dairy free brownies
You guys, I whipped these brownies up in thirty minutes and I only used one bowl to do it! Yay for minimal dishes!
Here’s what you need:
- dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (dairy free)
- coconut sugar
- vegan butter or coconut oil
- gluten free baking flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- salt (omit if butter is salted)
- extras – flaky sea salt for topping, chopped chocolate for chunks, walnuts…
In a large heat proof bowl, I melted the chocolate, butter, vanilla and coconut sugar in the microwave. I stopped every 45 seconds or so to stir the chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
Then I used a hand mixer to beat in the eggs. Next, I folded in the gluten free baking flour and the cocoa powder until combined. Finally, I baked the brownies until they were almost done–this is the key to a fudgy brownie.
Can’t get enough healthy desserts?
I hear ya! Check out the most popular healthy recipes on the blog!
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a fudgy brownie or two and if you make them, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
Happy Brownie Baking!
Thick and Fudgy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Brownies
- 1/2 cup gluten free baking flour all purpose
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp dairy free butter or coconut oil measured as a solid
- 9 oz dark chocolate chips dairy free
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt omit if butter is salted
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large heat proof bowl, add the butter, vanilla, coconut sugar and chocolate chips. Cook in the microave on high until melted. Stop to stir every 30-40 seconds until smooth. Once smooth and melted, add the eggs in one at a time and beat using a hand held mixer until incorporated. Add in the cocoa powder, gluten free baking flour and salt and fold until no dry spots remain.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want to remove the brownies just before they are done for the ultimate fudgy brownie. Let cool completely and then chill or let cool for at least two hours for fudge center to set.