Thick and fudgy gluten free brownies for the ultimate chocolate lover’s recipe. These brownies come together in less than 30 minutes using just one bowl and made gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with coconut sugar! Soft, chewy and hands down the BEST gluten free and dairy free brownies you will try!
This post was updated on July 29th, 2021.
This recipe was adapted from Cindy at www.hungrygirlporvida.com. I was inspired by her delicious classic brownie recipe and made it gluten and dairy free. Her gorgeous photos inspired me to use my own pink background for these images! Thank you Cindy!
- dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (dairy free)
- coconut sugar
- vegan butter or coconut oil
- eggs or an egg replacement will work but you won’t get the crackly top
- all purpose gluten free baking flour – I used Outrageous Baking brand
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- sea salt salt
- extras – flaky sea salt for topping, chopped chocolate for chunks, walnuts or whatever your heart desires!
How to make thick and fudgy gluten free brownies
- In a large heat proof bowl, I melted the chocolate, butter, vanilla and coconut sugar in the microwave. I stopped every 45 seconds or so to stir the chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
- Then I used a hand mixer to beat in the eggs.
- Next, I folded in the gluten free baking flour and the cocoa powder until combined.
- Finally, I baked the brownies until they were almost done–this is the key to a fudgy brownie.
Can’t get enough gluten free recipes? I hear ya! Check out some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a bite or two of these gluten free brownies and if you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Thick and Fudgy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Brownies
- rubber spatula
- ½ cup gluten free baking flour all purpose
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp dairy free butter or coconut oil measured as a solid
- 9 oz dark chocolate chips dairy free
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large heat proof bowl, add the butter, vanilla, coconut sugar and chocolate chips. Cook in the microave on high until melted.
- Stop to stir every 30-40 seconds until smooth. Once smooth and melted, add the eggs in one at a time and beat using a whisk until incorporated.
- In another bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, gluten free baking flour and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no dry spots remain.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. You want to remove the brownies just before they are done for the ultimate fudgy brownie.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars and serving.