Soft and fluffy orange gluten free bundt cake with a tender crumb, melt-in-the-mouth texture, and bright orange flavor drizzled with sweet glaze. This amazing citrus dessert is made gluten free, dairy free and is absolutely delicious!
What you need to make this glazed orange gluten free bundt cake
A simple and delicious cake made made gluten free and dairy free…
And you would never know it!
for the cake ingredients you need:
- gluten free baking flour blend (I used Bob’s 1:1 but any blend with xanthan gum will work and probably some without it too, although the texture might will be different)
- granulated sweetener (white or brown sugar or a Truvia blend also works)
- baking soda and baking powder
- dairy free butter (I used Earth Balance Sticks)
- coconut oil (you can also use vegetable oil or olive oil)
- unsweetened applesauce
- oranges – juice and zest
- almond milk or plant based milk
- vanilla extract
for the sweet glaze
- powdered sugar (organic if possible)
- almond milk or plant based milk
want to learn how to turn your passion for food into a career?
I’m so excited to announce that I’m working on a free email course that’s all about food photography and exactly the steps you need to take to turn your love for food into a career. Sign up below to be the first to know when the course launches.
Want more gluten free and dairy free recipes?
Check out a few of my favorites:
- Life Changing 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Homemade Raspberry Chia Seed Pop Tarts
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Sprinkles!
- The Softest Sugar Cookies Ever (Vegan!)
- The Last Brownie Recipe You will Ever Need (Thick and Fudgy)
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of cake or two and if you make this cake, or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram.
The Most Amazing Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
- 10 cup or 9 inch bundt cake pan
for the cake
- 2 oranges juice and zest
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant based milk
- 3 cups gluten free flour all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil soft
- 1 cup granulated sweetener white sugar or light brown sugar or Truvia blend
- 4 large eggs organic if possible
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted organic if possible
- 1 tbsp almond milk or plant milk
- 1 tsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 10 cup or 9 inch bundt cake pan with non-stick spray and lightly dust with gluten free flour or tapioca starch and then set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice, zest and almond milk and then set it aside for the milk to curdle, about 5 minutes while you prepare your other ingreidents. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda until combined. In another bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter, coconut oil and sweetener until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs one at a time then add in the applesauce and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Your mixture will separate a little and that's okay. Beat in the almond milk mixture.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet and stir just until no dry bits remain. Try not to over stir or your cake will be on the tougher side. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake it for 45-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before flipping the cake out onto a cooling rack. Continue to let the cake cool for additional 30-40 minutes before stirring together the glaze ingreidnets and drizzling it over the cake. Serve and Enjoy!