The Best Cinnamon Swirl Gluten Free Vegan Carrot Cake is not like anything you’ve had before. Topped with streusel and a simple glaze, it’s a fun twist on a classic dessert. Enjoy this carrot cake as a snack or dessert–perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning!
THE BEST VEGAN CARROT CAKE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING AND GLAZE
You guys, this is THE best vegan carrot cake errr… I mean coffee cake or maybe it’s a cinnamon roll? I’m not even sure because it honestly tastes a little bit like all three. The glaze soaks in and gives the whole cake an almost cinnamon roll-like texture.
Think sticky bun meets coffee carrot cake. Incredible.
I truly feel that carrot cake is an underrated flavor. The notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger compliment the streusel and sticky glaze–add a cup of coffee and you have yourself the most decadent breakfast treat!
Here’s what you need to make this vegan carrot cake for yourself:
- gluten free all purpose flour
- organic cane sugar
- organic brown sugar
- baking powder
- cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- applesauce, unsweetened
- coconut oil or oil of choice
- fresh raspberries for topping
This tasty treat is gluten free and vegan and is absolutely the best carrot cake recipe you will find. It is absolutely full proof and only gets more delicious.
If you love carrot cake as much as I do, you are going to love these Gluten Free Raspberry Carrot Cake and of course I can’t forget my all time favorite Healthy Coconut Cake with Buttercream Frosting. And if these still don’t do the trick, my Healthy Carrot Cake Banana Cake definitely will. Can you tell that I love carrot cake?
If you are still reading this far, you definitely deserve a slice of this vegan carrot cake with streusel topping. If you make this recipe or any other recipe from the blog, be sure to tag @peanutbutterpluschocolate on Instagram and check me out on Facebook and Pinterest!
Also, don’t forget to leave me a comment after the recipe card at the bottom. I really love chatting with all of you, hearing about how your recipe turned out and answering any questions you have.
Cinnamon Streusel Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp organic brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 tsp ginger ground
- 3/4 cup almond milk or plant based milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots tightly packed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 9 inch pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the streusel ingredients using a fork. Chill until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry cake ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and stir until no dry spots remain. Fold in walnuts. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the cinnamon swirl ingredients and sprinkle over the cake batter in the pan. Top with remaining batter, dropping in dollops and then carefully smoothing over the cinnamon swirl.
- Sprinkle the chilled streusel over the cake and bake for 35-45 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center. Let cool.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the coffee cake and serve!